Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What you don't know!

What a lot of people don't know is that I wasn't one of those girls who grew up wanting to be a wedding planner... it was quite the contrary actually.... I was on a very different career path when one day I woke up and realized I was actually a "Wedding Planner"!!! 

Ever since I was a little girl, there was one thing I knew very very well... it was that I wanted to be my own boss... I wanted to be an ENTREPRENEUR! I think I learnt to use that word at the age of 4!!! My parents used to laugh every time I said it... and although secretly they were hoping I would stop saying it as I grew older they realized that I was not planning to change my mind!
I was good at school...but it kind of bored me! I always felt like I was wasting precious time when truly I could be creating something and building my future!!! I did however understand the importance of education, and wanted a plan B... just in case! ;)

I left home (Abu Dhabi, UAE) when I was 17 and moved to Montreal to start college. I was actually a Bio-chem student at Concordia University... LOOOOOOL! You should have seen me in my lab coat... it was toooo funny!!! I always knew I didn't belong, but I also hated quitting... so I stuck through till the third year! That summer I went back home to visit my family and got an internship at the Abu Dhabi Merrill Lynch office!!! That was the turning point for me... I decided that I wanted to go into business and actually become a day-trader! So that fall I quit Bio-Chem and started my studies in Economics!!! It was the best decision I ever made!

I was able to complete the 4 year program in 2 years and graduated summer of 2000! At that point, my plans were to pack up and move to New York and get a job on Wall Street as a day trader... that was my dream, that was my plan... until my last semester of college I met my future husband ..... :)

That's when my destiny decided to change her mind...


No comments:

Post a Comment