Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The color PINK ! ;)

Image Courtesy Wishing Well Photography
I was born on August 10th 1977 (can't believe I just shared my age!) in Jordan, Amman. At the time my parents were living there because my dad was working on a project and had relocated for that time. That was of course the beginning of my parents many relocations... but that's a completely different post on it's own!!

Ever since I was a very very young girl, I was always very girly-girl... I loved everything pink, everything frilly, everything pretty, everything sappy and this continued well into my teenage years and my adult life.  Anyone that knows me or has known me through out my college years, they would say Maddy is a girly-girl! I love manicures, pedicures... love pretty dresses, love to get my hair done, love to watch chic flics and even occasionally love old love-songs! 

So when it was time for me to give birth almost four years ago, it was very difficult for myself as well as my friends to envision me giving birth to anything but a girl...and of course the irony of life never fails... I gave birth to a beautiful baby BOY that I love and adore. and wouldn't change with for anything!!!! I just didn't know what to do with him :( He was a boy... so while designing his nursery, I actually had to try very hard, not to make it feminine looking... and although, I was very happy with the results, I must admit... it did look on the softer side!!! {Hay... he was a baby, so it was ok} - But my favorite color had to change to the shades of blues or greens... since he has the tendency to like what Mommy likes!
George's Nursery Photo Courtesy of Vivian Doan Photography

Fast Forward to 2011... Thanks to the ladies from wedding planner association group; I found out that I was pregnant with our second child! You could imagine my excitement at the possibility of having a baby girl!!!! Although the first few months have been very difficult for me physically... I've worked very hard not to fall behind on work and on my upcoming weddings... I won't lie, it's been tough, but the select very few people that knew have been very supportive and have helped me through this very difficult time! {Thank You Guys}. 

So yesterday was finally the big day... we had the ultrasound and found out that the baby was healthy and all is good and we are well on our way to a healthy pregnancy.  We also found out something else... that we were expecting a baby GIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! {95% girl the Dr. said}. So as you can imagine my excitement...I can't stop smiling and being happy!!! It's what I've wanted for the longest time.. a baby girl!!!! 

By the end of this year, God willing, I will be a mommy of a baby girl - and once again my favorite color will be PINK!!!

Have a great Tuesday!! ;)


4 comments:

  1. Congrats Maddy!! Im sure she'll be just as girly as you!
    Much love,
    Clio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Congrats Maddy! How is it though to be pregnant and know that you'll have to work crazy hours this summer? What about after the baby comes? Happy for you!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete